PRAIRIE FIBER ARTS CENTER
To register for a class, you can now visit our online store!
1. Select "Online Store" button in top right corner or follow this link: https://prairie-fiber-arts-center.myshopify.com/
2. In the online store, hover over "Classes" to see the drop-down menu
3. Select type of class (knitting, crocheting, etc.)
4. Select your desired class
A link to register is also included with each class below.
We're happy to help! You can email us at [email protected], call us at (218) 284-0004, or direct message us on Facebook and Instagram!
Class includes 13 sessions.
Begins January 3rd
Ends March 28th
Sunday's 2-3 PM at PFAC
Improve your knitting skills one square at a time! This class is designed for the knitter who is ready to go beyond knitting and purling.
• Class Type: Knitting
• Class Fee: $195
• Instructor: Liz Fevig Hager
• Materials Needed: Building Blocks student manual, 1400 yards (approx. 10 skeins) of chunky/bulky weight yarn. Size 10 24" circular needles, cable needle, Blunt tip tapestry needle. Optional: stitch markers, row counter.
• All materials to be purchased separately and are available for purchase at PFAC
• Yarn recommendation and in stock at PFAC: Cascade 128 Superwash Bulky. Colors can alternate between blocks or be one color for entire project.
• Each class focuses on the development of a skill while knitting a square or "block". Each block builds upon the skills of the previous pattern, giving knitters more confidence and knowledge. Blocks can be assembled into a lap blanket, 2 baby blankets or pillows.
Masks required. Class size is limited. Minimum 3 participants.
Available Knit-Alongs & Crochet-Alongs
CAL Blanket with Cathy
January 28th until April 15th (12 weeks)
from 6:30-8 PM at PFAC
Instructor: Catherine Lundberg
Would you like to expand your crochet knowledge and make an afghan at the same time? Join me for a Crochet Along using Edie Eckman’s Skill Builder Crochet Blanket pattern! There is no charge to participate in the CAL, but each participant is responsible for purchasing the pattern and necessary materials.
As we work through each of the 12 blanket squares, we will learn important skills to improve our crochet including:
• Crochet into the back bump of a chain
• Understand the use of turning chains
• Pick up stitches evenly along an edge
• Read pattern instructions
• Understand crochet symbol charts
• Understand stitch multiples
• Crochet twelve stitch patterns
• Create linked stitches
• Work rows without turning AND MORE!
Zoom Tutoring Sessions
Please contact our store if you would to like schedule a one-on-one fiber arts tutoring session.
We Want You!
Interested in teaching a class or hosting a knit-along or crochet-along? We're looking for teachers to expand our catalog of fiber arts classes and for volunteers to host KALs/CALs by Zoom or in-person.
If you're interested in either, please email [email protected] or call 218-284-0004.